Monday, August 26, 2013

TWO WHELLED ROAD NINJA

That title does refer to all bikers. Think about it folks, Cagers always say that didn't see us.That line really PISSES ME OFF. Let's start at the beginning. Last night my wife made a comment about school starting today. She informed me that there is going to be more traffic on the roads, so be carefull. This morning I decided to wear a yellow safety vest and helmet. Here in texas even at 5:30 in the morning it's hot. I know that is excuss I'm sorry. Ok so, I'm on my way to work and I come up to a red light, and stopped. I have a habit of pulling my brake lever so my brake light blinks, give an extra warning that I am there. Well I am sitting there waiting and notice a car coming. What I didn't expect was a loud screech behind me. A cager leaned on her brakes so hard, everybody looked around. I noticed that she came within inches of hitting me. As I looked back to see what was going on, She stuck her head and said SORRY I DID NOT SEE YOU. I came unglued. Put the bike into N and put kickstand down. Calmly walked over to the car behind me and comensed to give the ASS CHEWING OF A LIFETIME. Another motorist got out of his truck and asked if everything was ok. I yelled at him to get back in his truck, He did. To all cagers that are reading this, I'm sorry if I seamed mean. But When a biker is wearing a yellow safety vest and there is no obstruction behind him,like a tour pack or sissy bar/back rest, and you still can't see him there are issues. I could not tell if this lady was using her phone or not, I was that mad. Maybe that was a good thing. What I am getting at is PLEASE be aware of your surrounding. CAGERS YOU ARE NOT ALONE.It scares me that when wearing my vest some cagers still use the line SORRY I DID NOT SEE YOU.It blows my mind that you cagers really don't see us. Do I have to start riding and have flares hanging off my bike for you to see me. If I could get away with flashing lights I would. I can't, so I won't. Brothers and Sisters Stay Safe, It's us against them

No comments:

Post a Comment